How it works
Entering the competitions
In order to enter, there are two very easy steps:
- Each school must register a team by filling out the form on either the Virtual Solo Competition page or the Group Competition page. Video entries for the Solo Competition must be made by Friday 24th November 2023 and there is an entry fee of £10 per piece. Entries for the group competition (which is a live event) must be done by Friday 22nd December 2023. There is an entry fee of £45 (per piece), which must be paid before the heat and is non-refundable.
- For the solo competition, we will need your video by Friday 1st December. Instructions regarding this will be confirmed by email upon registration.
- For the group competition we do not need a video this year but will request information about the group ahead of the heat itself. Instructions regarding this will be confirmed by email.
The competition rules are designed to be as easy and as fair as possible providing consistent criteria for our judges and maximum fun for our teams.
- Generally we advise the group to be no larger than 30 pupils
- Your dance should be no longer than 3m30s.
- If you exceed the time limit, 1 point for every second over
- Any style of dance is permitted.
- We will require an MP3 emailed to us at least 2 weeks before the performance.
- Strictly no confetti or anything similar in live performances as this can be dangerous for the following act.
Group competition regional heats
There are 9 regional heats that you can enter.
So all you have to do to enter your team is fill out the entry form and get practising your dance!
For details of our judging criteria, please go to our Judging Page which will help you prepare.